Monday, December 28, 2009



I am absolutely in love with this top. But I cant justify actually buying it. So I made it!

Step 1: Take a vintage poly-blend top. If its a button down, put it backwards. Try it on and draw a line from one shoulder, to the under the other arm. Take the shirt off, and cut it. Messy is okay.

Step 2: Fold over a quarter of an inch and sew a hem. Once this is done, try it on.


Step 3: In my case, this diva shirt is better off sans bows, but I'm going to look for better more nude colored top that I can bow.

Try the bow look on the other arm that you cut off. Cut right up the arm. Then, cut slits down the arm and once you have the strips, tie them. Voila, Chloe blouse. For an added bow effect, use the excess fabric from the cut off sleeve and make bigger better bows.


No comments:

Post a Comment